AUGUSTA, GA – The GRU College of Education will offer its popular Response-to-Intervention Workshop on Dec. 8, with presentations from local and statewide educators.
Dr. Nai-Cheng Kuo, Professor of Education at the GRU College of Education, says that the demand for educators trained in RTI is expected to continue to expand over the next 10 years. Based on multiple assessment data, special education teachers utilize tailored instructional methods to assist diverse students with different physical, emotional, behavioral, and cognitive needs. Accommodation and modification are incorporated to accelerate students’ learning.
“We hold professional development workshops every semester and closely work with our partner schools to ensure that all students can succeed with caring, love, respect, and evidence-based practices,” Kuo said.
The RTI Workshop will be Monday, Dec. 8, from 5:30-7:30 p.m., in the JSAC Ballroom on the Summerville campus. The schedule is printed below. A certificate will be provided to those who complete the 2-hour workshop. PLU credits are included.
The workshop is free and open to the public. Registration is required and limited to 200 participants. Click here to reserve your spot. Last year, registration for the free community workshop filled up for both sessions
For more information on the RTI Workshop, contact Dr. Nai-Cheng Kuo at 706-667-4776 or email@example.com.
- 5:30 p.m. – Welcome by Dr. Lucindia Chance, College of Education Dean, and Dr. Linda Crawford, Department of Teacher Education Chair
- 5:35 p.m. – Merging RTI and PBIS, presented by Dr. Nai-Cheng Kuo, Special Education Coordinator
- 5:50 p.m. – RTI in Richmond County, presented Dr. Angela Pringle, Superintendent of Richmond County
- 6:10 p.m. – RTI in McDuffie County, presented by Pam Walker, McDuffie Elementary School Counselor
- 6:30 p.m. – Break
- 6:40 p.m. – RTI in Columbia County, presented by Alice Pretlow, Assessment/504/RTI Coordinator, and Cindy Canaday, RTI Facilitator
- 7 p.m. – Statewide RTI, presented by Lynn L. Pennington, Executive Director of the Student Support Team Association for Georgia Educators (SSTAGE)
- 7:20 p.m. – Closing