AUGUSTA, GA. – The Division 2 Athletics Directors Association released their Academic Achievement Award winners on Aug. 22, with several GRU College of Education students-athletes making the list.
Becky Newhouse and Scott Shipman are both graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology degree program, and are now enrolled in the Master of Science in Kinesiology graduate program. Macy Terry is a recent graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology degree program, and Jordan Humphrey is currently enrolled in the program. In total, 19 GRU students were honored with the Academic Achievement Award.
The Academic Achievement Awards is a program that recognizes the academic accomplishments of student-athletes at the DII level. A total of 155 institutions and a record number of student-athletes (6,949) were honored for the 2013-14 Academic Achievement Awards. The student-athlete honorees must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale; have attended a minimum of two years (four semesters of college level work; and have been an active member of an intercollegiate team during his/her last academic year. Read the full release here.
Full List of GRU Student-Athletes Who Won the Academic Achievement Award:
- Baseball: Connor Gilbert, Ryan Khan, Scott Shipman
- Women’s Basketball: Becky Newhouse and Whitney Rohrbach
- Women’s Cross Country: Jordan Humphrey and Emily Menendez
- Men’s Cross Country: Jaiden Brandt, and Preston Jones
- Softball: Haley Birkle and Macy Terry
- Women’s Tennis: Julie Fontaine and Gisela Font
- Men’s Tennis: Gustav Anderson and Victor Guimaraes
- Men’s Outdoor Track & Field: Austin Hendricks, James Hull, and Garrett Matthews
- Volleyball: Jenna Keeler