From the Office of the President
January 8, 2014 marks the first anniversary of the creation of Georgia Regents University. Together we have achieved a great deal in the past year, the result of tremendous effort and support from thousands across our campus and community. Please encourage all faculty, staff, students and visitors to stop by one of the locations below, have some cake, and join in our birthday celebration:
Wednesday, Jan. 8, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Campus wide cupcake distribution to all students, faculty and staff at the following locations:
- Health Sciences Campus –Terrace Dining, Magnolia Room and Greenblatt Library lobby)
- Summerville Campus – JSAC breezeway
- Forest Hills Campus – CFH 211 lounge (Christenberry Field House)
- SW Campus/Albany – Phoebe’s Doctors’ Lounge
- SE Campus/Savannah – Suite 203, Heart & Lung Building
- SE Campus/Brunswick – MCG Suite, Southeast Georgia Health System
- NW Campus/Rome – Cupcakes will be delivered as appropriate
- GRU/UGA Medical Partnership Campus – Russell Hall, Room 151
- College of Nursing at Athens – Conference Room B
- Cupcakes will also be available for night-shift employees from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm (at GRMC on the 2nd floor hallway near the North elevators beside the VA crosswalk and in Public Safety).
Wednesday, Jan. 15, 7:30–8:30 a.m. – The Hull College of Business is sponsoring its Annual Economic Forecast Breakfast in the Jaguar Student Activities Center on the Summerville Campus. RSVP to Lenora Harkins at LHarkins@gru.edu or 706-737-1418.
Thursday, Jan. 16, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. – All GRU and GRHealth employees and students are encouraged to Go Downtown on to receive discounts from more than 50 downtown businesses. At 6 p.m., everyone is invited to listen to music in the Augusta Commons; following the performance will be a fireworks display. Shuttle transportation will be provided from both campuses to downtown. GRU Go Downtown Ambassadors will be on hand to direct visitors to participating businesses.
Friday, Jan. 17, at noon – The Martin Luther King Day Celebration will be hosted this year by Paine College in the Gilbert-Lambuth Memorial Chapel.
Tuesday, Jan. 28, at noon – GRU President Ricardo Azziz will give his presentation on the State of the Georgia Regents University & Georgia Regents Health System in the Maxwell Performing Arts Theatre.