The CSRA Heart Walk is an annual non-competitive walking event designed to bring public awareness to physical activity and a heart-healthy lifestyle, while at the same time raise the critical dollars needed to fund the life-saving mission of the American Heart Association. Volunteers are needed to join the team and help the American Heart Association reach its 2014 goal of $425,000. Last year, teams from GRU raised $75,000.
Heart disease and stroke are the nation’s No. 1 and No. 4 causes of death. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in Georgia, accounting for one-third of deaths in the state. It is the second-leading cause of death in South Carolina, behind only cancer, and accounts for almost one-third of all deaths in that state, too. Bring your family, friends and even your dogs and walk for our hearts!
Registration is easy:
- Go to the GRU COE Heart Walk website and click the “Join Our Team” box on the right.
- Agree to the terms.
- Fill out the simple registration form. Then, click “Submit,” and your personal Heart Walk Web page will be created.
- Personalize your page with a photo of your choice.
Fundraising is also easy:
- Download the Heart Walk app to recruit team members and ask for donations.
- Share the information on social media and via email with friends and family.
- Search to see if your employer matches your fundraising efforts: http://www.matchinggifts.com/aha/
- Implement all 101 ways to raise money for heart disease research and education! Or, perhaps just one or two ideas: http://www.kintera.org/htmlcontent.asp?cid=101358
- Come walk with us!