AUGUSTA, GA. – If there’s a TED Talk for athletics and kinesiology, The Huffines Discussion is it! On Nov. 11, the College of Education hosted a simulcast of the annual inspiring experts presentation from 2-5 p.m. in the Augusta University JSAC Ballroom. More than 100 people watched as eight national leaders and thinkers in exercise science, human performance, and sports medicine shared new research and inspiring perspectives.
This year’s speakers included:
- Dr. Bill Dexter, Physician, Past-President of the American College of Sports Medicine, Portland, Maine, and Tufts University
- Ms. Chisa Yamaguchi, DIAVOLO Institute, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Dr. James Hill, University of Colorado
- Dr. John Jakicic, University of Pittsburgh
- Dr. Peter Wagner, University of California, San Diego
- Dr. Russell Pate, University of South Carolina, Past-President of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Dr. Sue Bodine, University of California, Davis
- Mr. Jerrod Johnson, Former NFL Pro with the Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Seattle Seahawks, Baltimore Ravens, and Dallas Cowboys
Video from the event is not yet available. Until then, enjoy this preview from Texas A&M.